Are you a non-employing Sole Trader who usually operate from a commercial premises or location? If you are, there’s good news ahead.
This $100 million support fund aims to help sole traders who are impacted by the COVID restrictions with a $3000 grant that can be used towards their overhead costs.
- Your business must be operating in an eligible sector. See the full list of eligible sectors here.
- Operate a business within Victoria
- Be a sole trader with no employees*
*You are not registered with WorkSafe Victoria for WorkCover Insurance and do not employ anyone other than yourself or employ someone on a casual basis and pay less than $7,500 in annual salary.
- Operate from a commercial premises or location (and not a residential premises) for at least six months as a:
- Tenant, or
- Licensee, or
- Owner/occupier of a fixed commercial premises, or
- Operator of a registered ‘mobile food premises’ (e.g. a food van) with a permit or commercial agreement to operate at specific location(s)
- Be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme
- Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Businesses that are not eligible
- Businesses who have received a grant under the Business Support Fund, Business Support Fund-Expansion, third round of the Business Support Fund or Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund programs
- Businesses that are trusts, companies or partnerships
- Non-employing sole traders who do not operate from a commercial premises or location
- Non-employing sole traders in metropolitan Melbourne who are able to open with a COVIDSafe Plan in the First Step in the ‘How we work in metropolitan Melbourne’ roadmap
- Non-employing sole traders in metropolitan Melbourne operating in sectors for whom restrictions are easing in the Second Step in the ‘How we work in metropolitan Melbourne’ roadmap
- Non-employing sole traders in regional Victoria who are able to reopen with a COVIDSafe Plan in the Second Step in the ‘How we work in regional Victoria’ roadmap.
For more information or to start your application, click here: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/business-resilience-package/sole-trader-support-fund
Please contact us if you require assistance with this.